Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Spooning," 4x4, oil on gesso board

See the update (the next post, above this).

The funny thing about doing art is that the whole world becomes source material. When I design and paint theatrical sets, I see items or color combinations that fit the design I'm working on. In doing these small paintings, I'm always looking for something to paint that's interesting. In this case, I saw these two bananas and it looked like two people spooning. Cute. So I set it up to emphasize that and painted it in complementary colors.

2 comments:

  1. hi. i know this is totally random, but i really must thank you for posting this. my boyfriend and i call each other banana (i know that's weird) but he is from france, and didnt know what spooning was, so i googled spooning pics, and i found this. it is so perfect. bananas spooning. SO AWESOME! thanks for making our day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adorable story! And I understand how people can come up with nicknames. Thanks for leaving a comment. :D

    ReplyDelete