Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Three Sixteenths"


8x8" couched masonite board, acrylic paint, screws, leather cord

I haven't posted much in a while, but it seems like it's time to share a few things I've done. I have a fondness for abstraction, texture, and found art. So, while most of this isn't found art, the leather did come from a belt I unraveled.

One of the things I found interesting about this is that the same rules of composition apply here: value, focal point, line, temperature, etc., etc. I was also pleased that the dripped lines of paint are about the same width as the leather cord.

It's a fun piece, and made it to my wall.

2 comments:

  1. Connie what a fun and dynamic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guy. Thanks for dropping by and for your kind words. I'm still enjoying watching you and Joyce on your TV show. Everyone! Guy cohosts a painting show about watercolor! It's way fun. Go to his blog for more info!

    ReplyDelete