Friday, May 6, 2011

"Fire in the Mist"


20x20x1.5", oil on gallery-wrapped canvas

In my paintings, I like to use things I find. This is why I do the assemblages. While working this painting, I used oil crayons. Now, when they sit for awhile, they form a skin of dried paint, and you have to peel it off. So, of course, I took a few pieces of red and embedded them in the paint. It adds an interesting bit of texture. But I have a little tub in my studio with bits of peeled oil crayon. It's funny being an artist.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this! Thanks for sharing a little about your process ..... very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. You mean most artists don't have little bits of flotsam sitting around? :) I visited your blog, and I love your brushwork. It does wonders for Wet Streets! Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in this - there's so much movement and life! Great work, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline. I hadn't thought aout movement, but you're right. And I love your For the Love of It painting! Great negative space!

    ReplyDelete