Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Rift" (7 of 25)

Connie Kleinjans fine art, Rift, 8x8, acrylic and mixed media on board

8x8", acrylic and mixed media on board, NFS

(#7 of 25 for the 20/20 show) Wow. I just looked at this and realized I should have called in Yin Yang. Although it also has a look of a pool of lava. As I recall, I got the texture that you see on the right in the middle by spreading a thin layer of gesso, then laying some plastic wrap on it and peeling it off. Lots of transparent paint in the pools, and opaque paint on the ridges between them.

2 comments:

  1. You have achieved an interesting abstract with nice textures and complimentary colors. It also has depth to it, which adds interest. I admire people who can create interesting abstracts.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean. You know I love the impressionistic effects you achieve. Hey, I just found you on Facebook and became a fan. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete