Saturday, November 24, 2007

"Enjoy Our Complementary Amenities," 6x8, oil on canvas board


Busy week, this. We had 24 people at the house for Thanksgiving, which affected how much painting and posting I could do.

I'm still digesting what I learned at the Tom Brown workshop and will write more on that later. But while I was at the workshop and in a painting frenzy, I did a couple of pieces at the hotel where I was staying. That was a bit of a challenge, since it's hard to find paintable things at a hotel. What, you should paint the shampoo bottle? So I used items from the snack bar.

I'm kind of pleased that the tea bag looks like a tea bag here. Of course, when you're painting from life, life keeps changing, and I believe I had to refresh the water in the tea when it got too dark.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! I can't believe you painted in your hotel room after we painted outdoors all day! That's enthusiasm. : )

    Great job on the tea bag. I imagine it's difficult to paint a cup from that view point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie,
    You've been tagged! I got tagged by Mike Bailey, now I'm tagging 5 artists with blogs. Come to my blog to see what it's about.
    Hope you're well. : )

    ReplyDelete